Central California International Moving Company
Request A Free Quote Today
Relocating to another country can be a thrilling experience, but it can also be overwhelming. Planning an international move can be a significant undertaking and requires careful planning and execution. Luckily, Southbay Moving Systems is here to help. We are an experienced Central California international moving company that can make your relocation as simple as traveling across town. We serve all of Central California, including all of Monterey, San Benito, Fresno, Madera, San Joaquin, and Merced counties, and we are here to put your mind at ease.
What is a Central California International Move?
An international move refers to a relocation that crosses borders. Typically this means that you are relocating overseas, which offers additional complexities. Regardless of the location of your final destination, you will need an experienced Central California international moving company if you plan to leave the United States or enter from another country.
International relocations require more planning and coordination than remaining within the country, especially if it’s an overseas move. Therefore, there are several terms and parties involved that may seem confusing if this is your first time relocating to another nation, including:
- Origin Agent: A company at your current destination that surveys your home and provides an estimate of the cost of relocating internationally.
- Freight Forwarder: A company that arranges the importation and exportation of your belongings and takes care of any necessary tasks like preparation of shipping documents or finding space for the cargo.
- Consolidating Warehouse: The facility that houses your belongings until space becomes available in a shipping container.
- Export/Origin Port: The location where the shipping container holding your belongings will be taken when it’s ready to be exported to the destination country.
- Shipping Line or Carriers: The company owns the ships or trucks that transfer your belongings to the destination.
- Destination Port: Where your belongings arrive after being exported into your destination country.
- Customs: The government agency will check your belongings for any illegal items and confirm the shipment is safe to enter the county.
- Destination Agent: The company that handles any final tasks required before your cargo can enter the destination country, such as clearing customs and delivering the shipment to your new residence.
You may need to hire Central California international movers for many reasons. Perhaps you recently got married or had a baby and want to be closer to family. You may have been offered an amazing job opportunity overseas, or you may just be looking for a new adventure and want to see what living somewhere abroad is like. Whatever your reasoning, our Central California international moving services will help make your journey simple and stress-free.
How to Move Overseas with Southbay Moving Systems?
The best way to relocate internationally is to hire a professional California moving company like South Bay moving systems. Here are some of the services performed by Central California overseas movers:
- A dedicated moving coordinator will lead the entire moving process
- You will receive help with all customs and related paperwork, so there are no delays or disruptions
- Boxes and packing material provided
- Experts will pack your belongings to ensure they are secure for international travel.
- The crew will load all your boxes and furniture into the shipping container.
- The team will transport your shipping container to the correct port
- The crew will unload the shipping container at the final destination
- The team will carry furniture and boxes into your new residence and assemble everything in your new home
- Storage will be provided at the origin or destination if needed
- The movers will unpack your boxes and arrange your belongings at the new home
- Furniture can be assembled/disassembled, and appliances can be moved (connecting/disconnecting not included)
An experienced Central California international moving company will make your journey far less stressful by handling all the difficult and complex tasks. Customs clearance alone can be problematic if you don’t have the proper knowledge and experience to navigate the process. A team of professionals can ensure that there are no roadblocks and that your belongings arrive at the final destination without any delays.
How Much Does a Central California International Move Cost?
But how much does it cost to hire a Central California moving company to relocate internationally? The exact price will vary depending on several factors.
The biggest factor impacting the cost is the transportation method of the cargo. An international move can happen in three ways; by truck, plane, or ship. Trucks are typically the cheapest option but are only available if you’re moving to Canada or Mexico. Air travel is the most expensive and usually only makes sense for small shipments that require immediate delivery. Therefore, in most cases, it makes sense to transport cargo in a container stored on a ship.
Shipping containers come in three sizes:
You must also consider whether your belongings will require a full container or a partial container. Full Container Load (FCL) means your possessions are the only cargo in the container, which offers added security and less risk of being detained at customs. Less than container load (LCL) means your belongings do not take up a full container, which means it will likely be less expensive, but your goods will be mixed in with other cargo.
Other factors that impact the cost of hiring Central California International shipping company include:
The best way to get an affordable estimate is to reach out and request a quote. We will gladly survey your home to estimate the cubic feet of your shipment and provide you with an honest quote. We offer in-home and virtual estimates. Many customers prefer the ease and simplicity of the virtual estimate, but we are happy to accommodate whatever is most convenient.
International Moving Tips from Central California
The best way to make your international relocation go smoothly is to plan ahead and do thorough research before your journey. Here are a few tips to help you prepare:
- Do extensive research on your destination country and the process for passing through customs
- Apply for visas and work permits and collect all essential documents
- Clean your home and sell or donate anything you don’t need
- Book airfare and arrange to stay at a hotel if needed
- Put your home on the market and cancel utilities and other recurring services
- Set up new bank accounts, cell phone service, and health insurance plans if necessary
- Research driver’s license requirements and transfer of registration if shipping your car
- Inform schools of your relocation and request transfer certificates
- Call Southbay Moving Systems to handle everything else!
Agencies and Resources for International Moving
- USA.GOV – Find resources for Americans traveling outside the US.
- STEP – Register with the U.S. Embassy’s Smart Traveler Enrollment Program to learn about safety conditions in your new country and notify the U.S. Embassy of any issues.
- U.S. Embassy or Consulate website – Find the contact info for the U.S. Embassy in your new country.
- International Driving Permit – Obtain an international driving permit authorized by the U.S. Department of State.
U.S. Department of State – Stay up to date on important information about your destination country, including COVID status, travel information, contacts, etc.
Choosing the Best Central California International Moving Company
Although hiring an experienced Central California International moving company can make your life easier in many ways, you need to hire a reliable crew. Here are a few ways to verify that you’ve found a reliable crew:
- Read their reviews on Google and Yelp
- Visit their home page to find out how long they’ve been in business
- Make sure they are properly licensed and insured.
- Confirm they have experience with international moving
- Look for any mention of safety equipment and specialized training
- How is their customer service?
- Is their crew experienced and background checked?
Southbay Moving Systems is an experienced California International Moving Company with the knowledge and professional tools to handle any overseas relocation. We have hundreds of exceptional reviews, and have been in business for over 30 years and have traveled over 10 million miles. We have extensive experience with international moves, and no matter where you need to go, we’ll ensure your journey is smooth and painless. We are fully licensed and insured, and we serve all of Central California, including all of Monterey, San Benito, Fresno, Madera, San Joaquin, and Merced counties.
So when you need to relocate to a new country, hire the best Central California international movers to take you there. Call 831-786-5537 or fill out the form on our website to request a free quote.